Best Guinea Pig Bedding for Great Odor Control
In the article today, we show you how to get the right kind of guinea pig bedding which will keep your cage odor free and provide a comfortable surface for your guinea pigs.
In the article, we will cover both fleece-based bedding, paper-based bedding and wood bedding (which is not recommended). Here are the highlights:
- Fleece-based bedding: More expensive up-front but also washable and cheaper in the long run. Comes with a variety of patterns and colors providing many options for decorating the cage.
- Paper-based bedding: Is removable and you can thus skip washing the bedding, as you need when using fleece-based bedding. Less expensive but will cost more in the long run.
In this article, we will start by providing guinea pig safe fleece bedding before we move to paper-based bedding (that is just as safe).
At the end of the article, we’ll describe why you should no longer use wood-based guinea pig bedding.
Guinea Pig Fleece Bedding
Using fleece bedding for guinea pigs is still a pretty new phenomenon but one that is quickly rising in popularity. The main reasons are the following:
- Colorful material with many patterns you can choose from. It looks adorable
- Soft material which provides for a comfortable sleep for your guinea pig
- Very absorbent and will easily contain fluids for a week, providing great odor control
- A material we understand as humans. The guinea pigs look more comfortable in it
- It will likely require more up-front investment but over the long term, it is cheaper than using paper-based bedding
If you have decided to go with fleece bedding, we think that’s a good choice. Here you have find hand-picked fleece bedding that is properly treated to maintain odor.
Couldn’t find what you were looking for?
Avoid communicating via email; use the Locanto messaging centre.
Report ads and messages that you think are suspicious.
The more questions you ask, the more you know.
If an item must be mailed, insist the seller uses registered post.
The best way to pay is Cash on Delivery.
Arrange a safe place to meet up and complete a transaction.
Avoid carrying more cash on you than required.